Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Define "excessive"............

  1. #1
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My wife recently asked me exactly how many speakers one man needs to have. Before I could answer, she asked me exactly how many woofers and tweeters I had in the stereo system in my garage. Couldn't quite remember......... So I checked. Counted each woofer, tweeter and midrange, and including my guitar amp, it comes out to 33. She called that excessive.....


    Wait till I add six more 15" woofers.....


    What the heck is she talking about anyway?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member intotubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Women.
    They can be so irrational about resonable stuff like this. I feel your pain.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know a guy that has a 40 x 60 machine shed he uses to play with his audio stuff. He has 4 A7's in there, along with a TON of other stuff. Last time I was there I counted the following drivers installed in various cabinets.

    14 18" subs
    8 15" subs
    8 15" midbass
    8 12" midrange
    16 1" horns
    4 2" horns

    and various other smaller cabinets, 3 racks of amps. He never hooks them all up, just different combinations, but that wall of speakers shure looks impressive. (with the A7's being my favorite using them with some 18's for subs.)

  4. #4
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Fourteen 18" subs ???


    OMG..............

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cclark65's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2003
    Posts
    339
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yea, it's crazy.

    I might have a photo of some of the stuff from a year or so ago. I'll try to dig it up sometime. He just likes playing with the stuff, and rarely ever uses it for anything except listening to his own personal music for his own enjoyment. However, the entire town that he lives on the outskirts of can hear it when he is playing. (The town of about 100 people or so)

    The 18's consist of a couple of JBL W Bins, 4 Peavey front loaded 18's, 4 unknown branded 18's front loaded, and 4 EV front loaded 18's.

    Keeping on the Altec subject though, his A7's are tri-amped, using a 2 way passive crossover for the highs, where he has added a 2" horn for the midrange, keeping the 802's for the highs. the 15's have become midbass drivers, and then some 18's for the subs. Must have at least 2 of the 18's running per A7 cabinet to keep it balanced, so he is normally running 8 18's for the 4 A7's that he has modified.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I've heard of that dude, Charles, isn't his last name IMAX, or something like that?

    Racer, today would be a good day to get your wife something excessive, like maybe a rose for each of your drivers. Might buy you a little time, anyway.

    You could also mention you know a guy that wants to trade you a coonhound pup for each of your drivers....

  7. #7
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do you know how much 33 roses will cost me on Valentines Day ??? ..........

    Hey Charles:

    Find the photo if you can. Sounds like a neat system. Maybe I can talk my sister's hubby into stopping by. Does your buddy have a mixing board, a couple of mic's, and a full Marshall stack laying around ?

    forums

    Let me know if you need us to bring some amps.
    forums

  8. #8
    Inactive Member scott fitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2003
    Posts
    495
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My system;

    16 eighteens, soon to be 20!

    12 ALTEC fifteens, soon to be 16.

    6 mid horns.

    6 bi-radial tweeters.

    16 bullet tweetyers.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "Do you know how much 33 roses will cost me on Valentines Day ??? ......"

    No, but I'd guess about the same as a single 18, a real bargain compared to alimoney.... forums

  10. #10
    Inactive Member RacerXtreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2003
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll take the single 18 and get her a card........

    Hey Scotty:

    20 18's ??????????????????

    How am I supposed to talk my wife into that?

    It will take some serious B.S. to make that happen in my house.

    But I might as well try......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.